Andrew H. Miller is a Partner at Sanford Heisler Sharp and Co-Chair of the firm’s Public Interest Litigation Practice Group.
Since joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Andrew has been recognized in the legal community as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers each year since 2020 and as a Top 40 under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Andrew’s practice has focused on managing the Firm’s opioid litigation, representing localities across the country in their claims against many of the largest companies in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Andrew also maintains an active practice representing whistleblowers under the False Claims Act and SEC whistleblower program, as well as those who have suffered as the result of the negligence of large companies and public entities. Andrew’s representations have included:
- Litigating on behalf of over 60 local governments in Virginia in their claims against dozens of the largest companies in the opioid supply chain, including drugmakers such as Purdue Pharma, drug distributors such as McKesson, Cardinal Health, and AmerisourceBergen, retail pharmacies such as CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart, and pharmacy benefit managers such as Express Scripts, Optum Rx, and CVS/Caremark
- Advising clients through process of national mass tort settlements and bankruptcy proceedings
- Representing whistleblower in defense contract pricing fraud case against Navistar that resulted in eight-figure recovery by the government
- Representing whistleblower in software pricing fraud case that resulted in eight-figure recovery by the government
- Representing the aggrieved family of a young woman who was killed on the property of a major city’s public transportation system
Andrew received his law degree from Harvard Law School, and his Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude, from New York University. While at Harvard, Andrew was elected as a member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, the nation’s oldest student-run legal services organization and one of Harvard Law School’s three historic honors societies. While at NYU, Andrew was selected as a Presidential Honors Scholar and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
A member of the Massachusetts, Virginia, and District of Columbia bars, Andrew has presented at numerous conferences on national opioid litigation. Andrew is also a member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys.
Before joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Andrew worked as a prosecutor in Boston, Massachusetts. Over the course of his career in the public and private sectors, he has tried over thirty cases to jury verdict.
Andrew is a fluent Spanish speaker and he enjoys working with newly arrived immigrants to help them acclimate to their new lives in the U.S.