Senior Legal Assistant
Danya Rangachar is a Senior Legal Assistant in the Washington, DC office of Sanford Heisler Sharp, a national law firm with offices in the District of Columbia, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from Davidson College, where she double majored in Political Science and Sociology.
During her time at Davidson College, Danya received a grant to conduct qualitative research on South Asian labor migration towards the Gulf Coast. She went to India, Bangladesh, and the UAE, where she interviewed 70 labor workers about their job experiences and reasons for migration. Danya used this research to write her honors thesis in Sociology on the intersections of globalization, impoverishment, and South Asian migration. Danya also worked as a Data Collector and Data Visualization Lead at the College Crisis Initiative (C2i) of Davidson College. Born out of the COVID-19 pandemic, C2i analyzes how institutions of higher education innovate in times of crises. Through C2i, Danya has collected data for the American Enterprise Institute, NPR, the New York Times, the Guardian, and the CDC Foundation.
With a strong passion for education policy and civil justice, Danya hopes to pursue law school in the future.
- B.A., Davidson College, magna cum laude
- The Outside Audit, Rife with Conflict, Gives Whistleblowers a Key Role to Play
- Lawyers on Layers: The Regulatory Future of Decentralized Finance
- Automation: Effective or Efficient? Mass Layoffs and the Future of the Tech Industry
- Sanford Heisler Sharp’s Comment on the EEOC’s Proposed Rule RIN 3046-AB30 to Implement the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, October 10, 2023. Co-Author.