Senior Litigation Counsel
Email: [email protected]
– Former Client
– Former Client
– A Former Client, President & General Manager
Alok Nadig is a Senior Litigation Counsel at Sanford Heisler Sharp.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Alok works primarily in the firm’s Discrimination and Harassment and Public Interest Litigation Practice Groups and has represented both individuals and classes. Working with a team of Sanford Heisler Sharp attorneys, Alok has represented clients including:
- A nationwide class of women who work on oil rigs with claims of gender discrimination and sexual harassment
- Thousands of employees aggrieved by violations of the California Labor Code at the healthcare facilities where they work
- A former president and general manager who was underpaid and terminated based on her gender
- A finance executive who was terminated after objecting to his employer’s hazardous, unsafe, and illegal conduct
- An undocumented immigrant seeking refuge in the U.S. after experiencing persecution in his home country based on his sexual orientation and political opinions
Alok received his law degree cum laude from New York University School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude and Bachelor of Music magna cum laude from Northwestern University, where he was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. While at New York University School of Law, Alok served as an Articles Editor on the New York University Law Review and Co-Chair of the OUTLaw LGBTQ Organization. He was named a Robert McKay Scholar and worked at the ACLU’s LGBT & HIV Project, Lambda Legal, and the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.
A member of the New York bar, Alok has authored publications that appear in Law360 and the New York University Law Review, and has presented on topics that include employment discrimination protections for individuals suffering from anxiety and depression. Alok is also a member of the New York City Bar Association.
Before joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Alok completed clerkships for the Honorable Pamela K. Chen of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the Honorable Carlos F. Lucero of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. Prior to his clerkships, Alok was a litigation associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.
Having earned an undergraduate degree in music performance, Alok is a member of the New York City Gay Men’s Chorus.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, cum laude
- B.A. and B.Mus., Northwestern University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Racial Equity Strategies Clinic at NYU Law – NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund
- LGBT Rights Clinic at NYU Law – Lambda Legal
- Honorable Carlos F. Lucero, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Honorable Pamela K. Chen, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
I Am Grateful To Have Had Their Support
“Sanford Heisler was a life raft during a difficult life transition, and I am grateful to have had their support.”
– Former Client
I Felt More Confident
“Alok, thank you for being such an amazing attorney throughout this process. When we first spoke and I was so distraught over my unlawful termination, you were supportive, professional, understanding, and compassionate. I felt more confident and less stressed because you were on my side. Thank you again!”
– HR Executive and Former Client
They Will Be Here For You And Fight For You
“I feel so grateful that I found Sanford Heisler Sharp. This was my first experience retaining an attorney, and after being terminated from my job during COVID, I was shocked and devastated. When I first spoke to Alok Nadig at Sanford Heisler Sharp he listened to me carefully and responded with empathy. He answered every question I had with thorough detail. I knew he was the right choice.
Throughout the entire process, Alok was so responsive, kind, understanding, and proactive. He is incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable, and simply an all-around superb advocate. At times, this process was emotionally draining, frustrating, and confusing. It can be hard to revisit a painful experience, but Alok was always there to provide clarity and support. He never invalidated my feelings or concerns; he never condescended to me or belittled me; and he believed in my case. He is an exceptional lawyer whom I have tremendous respect for, and I feel very fortunate that he represented me. My interactions with other attorneys and legal support staff at Sanford Heisler Sharp were also excellent. It’s clear they have assembled a great team.
It is tempting to shrink away from situations where you’ve been wronged, but if you have the right representation, you’ll find the fortitude to face the challenge. My advice to anyone seeking representation is to find a firm that makes you feel empowered, and in my experience, Sanford Heisler Sharp is equipped to do that. They will be there for you and fight for you.”
– Former Client
The Company Culture Had Always Been Hostile Towards Women
“I contacted David Sanford at Sanford Heisler Sharp after I was suddenly terminated from my executive role after twenty-three years of service. I shared my story with David, [and] Alok. . . . The company culture had always been hostile towards women. I was one of the very few women in an executive role. I survived by keeping my head down and consistently outperforming my male peers but was suddenly replaced by a man I suspected was paid more to perform the same job I did. We filed claims under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII. Despite the opposition’s constant delay tactics, which was almost three years’ worth. Alok . . . were just the team I needed to battle the good ol’ boy culture that resonated throughout the private family conglomerate.”
– Former Client, President & General Manager
I Would Unhesitatingly Refer Clients And Friends To The Team
“I’m eternally grateful to Russell [and] Alok. . . for their impressive work with my case. I expected outstanding legal service based on the firm’s reputation and track record. In addition, the team brought compassion and a strategic approach to managing the case, which ultimately brought a longstanding matter to a close. I’ve worked with numerous employment law firms in my profession, and I would unhesitatingly refer clients and friends to the team at Sanford Heisler Sharp.”
– Former Client
- UPDATE: Sanford Heisler Sharp Announces Four New Partners, Four Senior Litigation Counsel, Globe Newswire, February 03, 2023
- Navigating Employee Anxiety And Depression Under The ADA, Law360 Employment Authority, March 2, 2021
- Experts Say Wave of Anti-Trans Bills Will Likely End Up Before Supreme Court, Top Class Actions, April 13, 2022
- Chambers v. District of Columbia and the Future of Title VII, Saint Louis University Journal Online, Dec. 13, 2021
- Legal Recourse For Employment Discrimination On The Basis Of Weight
- The Americans with Disabilities Act: Protecting Those Who Suffer from ADHD
- Protections Against Discrimination for Non-Binary Employees
- Section 806 of Sarbanes-Oxley: Protecting Those Who Complain of Fraud at Work
- Legal Remedies in California for Employees Fraudulently Lured into a Job
- Victim of a Biased HR Investigation? You’ve Got Rights!
- Victims of Race Discrimination: Don’t Forget About § 1981!
- Supreme Court Rules Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Illegal in All Fifty States
- The Equal Pay Act: Equal Total Compensation Is No Defense If Rate of Pay Is Unequal
- What Antidiscrimination Laws Protect Volunteer Healthcare Providers in New York?
- Discrimination and Harassment in Graduate School: What Laws Protect You