Our Firm’s New York office is located in Midtown Manhattan, right near Central Park. Sanford Heisler Sharp’s New York legal team frequently collaborates on cases with the other experienced lawyers in our Nashville, Washington, DC, San Francisco, San Diego, and Baltimore offices to ensure our clients receive top-notch legal representation throughout each phase of their case. We are committed to using our team’s extensive legal insight and cutting-edge resources to defend the rights and confidentiality of high-profile clients from a wide range of industries and occupations. Our renowned attorneys have secured game-changing verdicts that established leading employment law precedents, including the expansion of the rights of wrongfully discharged employees.
Cases We Handle in New York
Are you seeking practical guidance and legal support in any of the following areas?
- Discrimination: If you are experiencing discrimination in the workplace because of your race, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age, contact our New York employment lawyers today.
- Sexual Harassment: There is a broad range of actions that can be considered sexual harassment, including inappropriate sexual advances, sexualized comments, sexual coercion, abuse, or threats. If you are experiencing or have experienced any of these, or have otherwise been a victim of sexual violence, contact our New York employment attorneys today.
- Wage and Hour Violations: If you believe your employer is failing to pay all of the wages you and your co-workers are entitled to under the law, contact our New York employment lawyers today to see if your labor rights are being violated.
- Whistleblower Claims: Do you suspect that your employer is engaging in fraud against the government, investors, or consumers, perhaps through illegal kickbacks, customs fraud, off-label marketing? If so, contact our New York whistleblower lawyers today.
- Financial Services Litigation: Have your 401(k), retirement funds, stocks, mutual funds, or life insurance been mismanaged, abused, or misrepresented? Contact our 401(k) lawyers today.
- Criminal/Sexual Violence: If you or a loved one was the victim of a crime (including, but not limited to, rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, and child sexual abuse), contact our firm today. We would like to have the opportunity to help you find some measure of justice.
- Wrongful Termination and Retaliation: Were you wrongfully terminated or retaliated against by your employer? Contact our New York employment lawyers today.
About Our New York Office Legal Team
David Sanford is our Firm’s Chairman and has recovered more than one billion dollars for individual clients and the U.S Government since 2004. He has served as lead counsel in more than 50 class actions and numerous qui tam fraud cases around the country and has represented over 100 general counsel, in-house counsel, and lawyers in claims against their law firms and companies. Notably, he served as lead counsel in a gender discrimination class action against Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation that resulted in a $253 million verdict—the largest Title VII verdict in U.S. history.
Our Firm’s Co-Vice Chairman Jeremy Heisler has secured notable victories in employment class actions and complex multi-party and multi-state litigation, producing more than $500 million in benefits to class members. As lead counsel, Jeremy secured the largest wage and hour settlement of 2012 ($99 million). His other successes include a $19.2 million settlement from GE Capital where GE Capital charged consumers illegal fees and a $15 million settlement from a major leasing company that defrauded consumers.
Partner Alexandra Harwin is Executive Chair of our Firm’s Discrimination and Harassment Practice Group.
Partner Melinda Koster is Co-Chair of our Firm’s Discrimination and Harassment Practice Group.
Partner David Tracey is Co-Chair of our Firm’s Public Interest Litigation Practice Group and works primarily on discrimination and wage and hour cases.
Partner Russell Kornblith is General Counsel for the Firm and represents clients in matters of fraud against the U.S. government and in a wide range of employment disputes.