Email: [email protected]
– Tiffany B.
Kaitlin Leary is an Associate at Sanford Heisler Sharp.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Kaitlin’s practice has focused on employment discrimination and harassment, financial services litigation, and public interest litigation. Working with a team of Sanford Heisler Sharp attorneys, Kaitlin has represented clients including:
- An ER doctor who was terminated based on her race and gender
- A lawyer who was discriminated against based on his age and sexual orientation
- An engineer who was underpaid, denied promotions, and harassed based on her age, gender, and religion
- Three healthcare executives who were terminated after raising concerns about compliance issues and other illegal conduct
Kaitlin received her law degree magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, and Order of the Barristers from the University of Maryland School of Law and her Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Maryland, College Park. While at Maryland Law School, Kaitlin was an Articles Editor for the Maryland Law Review, a member of the Moot Court Board, and a student attorney in the Appellate and Post-Conviction Defense Clinic. She interned with the ACLU of Maryland and the Maryland Office of the Public Defender, Appellate Division. While at the University of Maryland, College Park, Kaitlin interned for the Student Legal Aid Office.
A member of the Maryland and District of Columbia bars, Kaitlin has authored an article that appears in the Maryland Law Review: Endnotes.
Before joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Kaitlin completed clerkships for the Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin of the Southern District of West Virginia and for the Honorable Joseph M. Getty of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. After her clerkships, Kaitlin was a law fellow at Public Citizen Litigation Group and at the National Education Association’s Office of General Counsel, where she gained substantial experience in labor and employment law, civil rights law, and appellate litigation.
When Kaitlin is not lawyering, she enjoys watching Orioles games and practicing yoga.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, magna cum laude
- B.A. and B.S., University of Maryland, College Park,
- Appellate & Post-Conviction Defense Clinic
- Honorable Joseph R. Goodwin, United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Honorable Joseph M. Getty, Court of Appeals of Maryland
- District of Columbia, 2018
- Maryland, 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Deciding to take action and pursue a legal case was a complicated and emotional decision. Ed, Cara, Jonathan, Leigh Anne, Kaitlin, and the rest of the team at Sanford Heisler Sharp supported me through this journey, providing expert guidance, caring, and compassion. They took the time needed to absorb the nuances of my situation, continued to navigate through roadblocks, demonstrated the patience of true professionals, and led my case to a successful outcome for me and my family. I will be forever grateful!
– Former Client
I highly recommend them
Kaitlin Leary, Leigh Anne St. Charles, and Kevin Sharp went above and beyond to guide and support me through a legal matter. They always came prepared, listened, showed the utmost care and professionalism, and solved the issues at hand. Having Kaitlin, Leigh Anne, and Kevin in my corner during a life changing situation allowed me to remain calm with paths to move forward. I highly recommend them and their firm.
– Former Client
Thank you for all of your hard work and diligence on my case.
“I am so grateful to have found SHS’s professional, compassionate and empathetic lawyers. Thank you for all of your hard work and diligence on my case. I will be forever grateful!”
– Tiffany B.