Sanford Heisler Sharp’s Washington, DC, office is located in the Eastern Market neighborhood. Our Washington, DC legal team works closely with the experienced attorneys in our New York, San Francisco, San Diego, Nashville, and Baltimore offices to deliver high-quality legal representation to clients across the nation. We use our cutting-edge legal resources and decades of collective experience to fight on behalf of hardworking Americans who have experienced mistreatment or witnessed illegal activity in the workplace.
Cases We Handle in Washington, DC
Are you seeking practical guidance and legal support in any of the following areas?
- Discrimination: If you are experiencing discrimination in the workplace because of your race, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age, contact our Washington, DC employment lawyers today.
- Sexual Harassment: There is a broad range of actions that can be considered sexual harassment, including inappropriate sexual advances, sexualized comments, sexual coercion, abuse, or threats. If you are experiencing or have experienced any of these, or have otherwise been a victim of sexual violence, contact our Washington, DC employment attorneys today.
- Whistleblower Claims: Do you suspect that your employer is engaging in fraud against the government, investors, or consumers, perhaps through illegal kickbacks, customs fraud, off-label marketing? If so, contact our Washington, DC whistleblower lawyers today.
- Wage and Hour Violations: If you believe your employer is failing to pay all of the wages you and your co-workers are entitled to under the law, contact our Washington, DC employment lawyers today to see if your labor rights are being violated.
- Criminal/Sexual Violence: If you or a loved one was the victim of a crime (including, but not limited to, rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse, and child sexual abuse), contact our firm today. We would like to have the opportunity to help you find some measure of justice.
- Financial Services Litigation: Have your 401(k), retirement funds, stocks, mutual funds, or life insurance been mismanaged, abused, or misrepresented? Contact our 401(k) lawyers today.
- Wrongful Termination and Retaliation: Were you wrongfully terminated or retaliated against by your employer? Contact our Washington, DC employment lawyers today.
About Our Washington, DC Legal Team
David Sanford, Sanford Heisler Sharp’s Chairman, has recovered more than one billion dollars for individual clients and the U.S. Government since 2004. He has served as lead counsel in more than 50 class actions and numerous qui tam fraud cases around the country. David has also represented over 100 general counsel, in-house counsel, and lawyers in claims against their law firms and companies. Notably, he served as lead counsel in a gender discrimination class action against Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation that resulted in a $253 million verdict—the largest Title VII verdict in U.S. history.
Our Washington, DC office is co-managed by Partner H. Vincent McKnight, Jr., Co-Chair of the Firm’s Whistleblower & Qui Tam Practice Group and Partner Kate Mueting, Co-Chair of the Firm’s Discrimination and Harassment Practice Group.
Partner Saba Bireda co-chairs the Firm’s Discrimination and Harassment Practice Group.
Partner John McKnight co-chairs the Firm’s Whistleblower & Qui Tam Practice Group.
Partner Andrew Miller co-chairs the Firm’s Public Interest Litigation Practice Group.
Of Counsel Grant Morris co-chairs the Firm’s Financial Services Litigation Practice Group.