Email: [email protected]
Michael Lockman is an Associate at Sanford Heisler Sharp.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Michael’s practice has focused on matters involving breach of contract, fraud, discrimination, retaliation, and civil and human rights.
Michael received his law degree with High Honors from the University of Chicago Law School and his bachelor’s degree with Honors from the University of Chicago. During law school, Michael served as Comments Editor on The University of Chicago Law Review and as a student attorney with the Mental Health Advocacy Clinic, where he represented forensic patients as well as prisoners seeking mental health treatment. For his work, Michael received the Edwin F. Mandel Award for Exceptional Contributions to the Clinical Education Program.
A member of the New York bar, Michael has authored articles that appear in The University of Chicago Law Review, the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, and other journals on topics including healthcare fraud, legal ethics, sovereign debt, and animal law.
Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Michael completed a clerkship for the Honorable Jay S. Bybee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. After his clerkship, Michael was an associate at a boutique litigation firm in New York, where he gained substantial experience in commercial litigation and arbitration.
Before law school, Michael worked as a translator overseas.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, with High Honors
- Comments Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
- B.A., University of Chicago, with Honors
- Mental Health Advocacy Clinic
- Honorable Jay S. Bybee, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- New York, 2017
- Tennessee, 2022
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Sanford Heisler Adds Co-Vice Chair, New Managing Partners, Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, November 01, 2021
- Sanford Heisler Sharp Expands Leadership Team, Promotes Five, Adds Seven Lawyers Across National Platform, Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, November 01, 2021