Michael Lockman is an Associate at Sanford Heisler Sharp.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Michael’s practice has focused on matters involving breach of contract, fraud, discrimination, retaliation, and civil rights. Working with a team of Sanford Heisler Sharp attorneys, Michael has represented:
- a chief technology officer of a multi-billion-dollar company terminated based on his age
- a senior logistics officer terminated based on his disabilities
- a chief medical officer terminated for refusing to engage in fraud
- a senior in-house attorney terminated based on her race and age
- a pharmaceuticals executive terminated based on her gender
- a saleswoman terminated for insisting on legal compliance
- a class of parents whose children’s personal data was stolen
- a senior technology executive terminated based on his age
- a healthcare-industry whistleblower alleging fraud by her employer
- a president of a non-profit terminated for disclosing legal violations
Michael received his law degree with High Honors from the University of Chicago Law School and his bachelor’s degree with Honors from the University of Chicago. During law school, Michael served as Comments Editor on The University of Chicago Law Review and received the Edwin F. Mandel Award for Exceptional Contributions to the Law School’s Clinical Education Program.
A member of the New York and Tennessee bars, Michael has authored articles that appear in The University of Chicago Law Review, the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, and others.
Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Michael completed a clerkship for the Honorable Jay S. Bybee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. After his clerkship, Michael was an associate at a boutique litigation firm in New York, where he gained substantial experience in commercial litigation and arbitration.
Before law school, Michael worked as a translator overseas.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, with High Honors
- B.A., University of Chicago, with Honors
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- VP’s Sex Discrimination Suit Against De Niro Partially Tossed, Law360, May 26, 2023
- Sanford Heisler Adds Co-Vice Chair, New Managing Partners, Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, November 01, 2021
- Sanford Heisler Sharp Expands Leadership Team, Promotes Five, Adds Seven Lawyers Across National Platform, Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, November 01, 2021