Albert Powell is a Staff Attorney at Sanford Heisler Sharp.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Albert’s practice has focused on whistleblower and qui tam, discrimination and harassment, and financial services litigation, representing both individuals and classes. Working with a team of Sanford Heisler Sharp attorneys, Albert has represented clients including:
- a class of tens of thousands of current and former employees of Walgreens in an ERISA action
- a whistleblower in an action against Roche and Humana for submitting false claims
- female attorneys who were discriminated against because of gender by Morrison & Foerster LLP
- female students who accused Yale University of Title IX violations
- high level executives who were terminated after complaining of employer’s business practices
Albert received his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law at Austin, and his bachelor’s degree in Economics from Columbia University. While a student at the law school, Albert participated in the school’s Capital Punishment Clinic. Albert was selected in his final year of law school for the Baker & Botts Outstanding Senior Student Award.
Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Albert was an associate at Milberg Weiss Bershad Hynes & Lerach and Constantine Cannon, LLP, where he gained substantial experience in antitrust litigation and securities class actions.
Albert is a member of the Connecticut and New York state bars.
In his spare time, Albert enjoys fantasy football, track & field, film noir, and early Jamaican music (i.e., ska, rocksteady, reggae).