Wage and Hour Violations Attorneys
Protecting the Rights of Employees Nationwide
Every employee deserves to be fully and properly paid for the work that they do. But sometimes employers violate wage and hour laws, like the Fair Labor Standards Act or state labor codes, and deny employees what they are owed. Wage and hour violations have a clear and undeniable impact on working people and families and reverberating effects on society.
Our firm has stepped up to the plate for workers and filed class and collective actions against some of the nation’s largest companies, including AT&T, Google, Oracle, C&S Wholesale Grocers, and Novartis Pharmaceuticals, among others. Many clients come to us when they uncover company-wide practices that violate labor laws.
On This Page
Common Wage and Hour Violations
We have recovered tens of millions of dollars for employees ranging from manual laborers to drivers, nurses, salespeople, tech workers, and managers.
Wage and hour violations take many forms, including:
- Stealing wages, or not paying employees their full salary, tips, commissions, bonuses, or stock grants
- Falsifying time records
- Denying overtime pay
- Paying employees less than the minimum wage
- Taking illegal deductions from employees’ pay
- Requiring employees to foot business expenses
- Misclassifying employees as independent contractors or as exempt from overtime pay
- Failing to provide meal and rest breaks
- Not issuing accurate pay statements
How the Attorneys at Sanford Heisler Sharp Can Help
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, we understand how vital every dollar can be to working families. And that is why our attorneys are committed to making sure large corporations don’t pad their profits at the expense of working Americans. Our attorneys are skilled and experienced at identifying these violations and at holding employers accountable.
Some of our wage and hour successes include:
- Reaching a historic $99 million settlement with Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation in 2012 to resolve a class action on behalf of thousands of Novartis sales representatives who claimed they were owed overtime pay for working more than 40 hours in a work week.
- Settling three class and collective action cases for $28 million on behalf of thousands of AT&T employees alleging that the telephone giant failed to pay overtime to its “First-Level Managers.”
- Settling for $14 million a case brought against C&S Wholesale Grocers whose warehouse workers claimed that the company failed to pay overtime.
- Pursuing and settling for $5.5 million an action against Google, Inc. for violating the California Labor Code by failing to compensate contract employees for any overtime work and failing to furnish accurate wage statements.
- Representing nurses at a California psychiatric hospital who alleged that their employer failed to adequately staff the hospital, leading to health and safety issues, denial of meal and rest breaks, and other Labor Code violations. The case settled for a total of $2.85 million in cash plus changes to the employer’s policies and practices.
- Representing a class of sales employees at an Alaska telecom company who alleged that they were misclassified as exempt from overtime. The case settled for $2 million total, despite the class being smaller than 100 people.
If you feel that you were cheated of pay by your employer or that your employer violated wage and hour laws, our attorneys are ready to hear your story. Contact the wage and hour attorneys at Sanford Heisler Sharp for an evaluation of your case.