Frank Xu is an Associate at Sanford Heisler Sharp.
At Sanford Heisler Sharp, Frank’s practice has focused on whistleblower and qui tam and employment discrimination cases, representing individual clients. Working with a team of Sanford Heisler Sharp attorneys, Frank has represented clients including:
- an IT analyst who was retaliated against after reporting fraudulent corporate conduct
- an employee who was terminated after reporting discrimination in the workplace
- a finance associate who was retaliated against after observing fraudulent trading conduct
- a female employee who was discriminatorily denied advancement opportunities
- a driver who was retaliated against after reporting unlawful wage violations
Frank received his law degree with Honors from The George Washington University Law School, and his Bachelor of Arts with High Distinction from the University of Toronto. While at GW Law, Frank served as a Managing Editor for the George Washington Journal of Energy and Environmental Law, a member of the GW Law Mock Trial Board, and a student attorney for DC Law Students in Court clinic, where he helped low-income DC tenants in landlord-tenant disputes. Further, he also interned at the Natural Resources Defense Council to help litigation efforts in the environmental movement. While at the University of Toronto, Frank was the recipient of the Jane Goodall Scholarship and the Douglas Pimlott Graduating Scholarship and was a Founding Member of University of Toronto Environmental Action’s Legal Action Group.
Frank is a member of the District of Columbia, New York, and Maryland bars. Before joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Frank completed a clerkship for the Honorable William M. Jackson of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
When Frank is not lawyering, he enjoys watching basketball and baseball, as he is an avid enthusiast and supporter of his hometown Toronto Raptors and Blue Jays.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, with Honors
- B.A., University of Toronto, with High Distinction
- Rising for Justice (formerly DC Law Students in Court)
- Honorable William M. Jackson, Associate Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- New York, 2019
- District of Columbia, 2020
- Maryland, 2021
I am incredibly thankful for the hard work and dedication that Kate Mueting, Frank Xu, and Katie Swenson put into my case. I contacted Sanford Heisler Sharp after being denied my compensation due to gender discrimination in assigning credit. Within less than three months of negotiations and while I was still working at the company, Kate, Frank, and Katie secured my compensation and the company has not attempted to deny me my credit or compensation again. I would not have been able to go through the process without their support and professionalism. Even after my case had settled and I had some new concerns, they were still eager to listen and help me in any way they can.
– Former Client
The complaint alleges wrongful death on the basis of negligence, gross negligence and fraudulent concealment against the defendants for harboring a sexual predator and failing to provide a safe working environment at the time that Mr. Gallagher was employed as a minor at St. Mary’s.
The complaints allege that, despite being aware of the history of sexual assault and harassment aboard their ships, commercial cargo vessel owner-operator Maersk Line failed to adequately protect two female students from sexual assault and sexual harassment while they worked aboard the Maersk M/V Alliance Fairfax as part of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy’s “Sea Year” program.
- US Navy Sued After Alleged Rape of Senior US Merchant Marine Officer, gCaptain, November 29, 2023
- Gallagher family lawsuit against Baltimore archdiocese aims to shift burden from abuse onto Catholic Church, The Baltimore Sun, July 5, 2023
- Grandkids of Baltimore Atty Sue Church Over Dad’s Death, Law360, June 27, 2023
- Storied Baltimore Catholic family sues archdiocese, claims sex abuse led to death, The Washington Post, June 27, 2023
- Drivers Lodge Calif. Labor Claims Against Asian Grocery, Law360, March 27, 2023
- Grocery delivery startup Weee! sued by drivers over withheld tips, San Francisco Business Times, March 27, 2023
- Sanford Heisler Adds Co-Vice Chair, New Managing Partners, Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, Nov. 1, 2021
- Sanford Heisler Sharp Expands Leadership Team, Promotes Five, Adds Seven Lawyers Across National Platform, NEW YORK, November 1, 2021