Sexual harassment in the workplace has been illegal for decades, and increased attention to sexual harassment in recent years has increased public support for victims and survivors. The law is on your side. Public opinion is on your side. And it is important for victims and survivors to have advocates on their side.
Some individuals want representation in publicly calling out sexual harassment and holding individuals and companies accountable in court. Other individuals want to ensure accountability and consequences for wrongdoers and compensation for their damages and suffering without making their experiences public.
Sanford Heisler Sharp’s client-centered approach to sexual harassment matters ensures that the needs and wants of victims and survivors take top priority. Our lawyers and staff are trained in trauma-informed representation and have substantial experience guiding clients through the sensitive process of addressing their harassment, whether through confidential negotiations or public litigation.
Sanford Heisler Sharp’s Discrimination and Harassment Practice Group has represented numerous individuals in sexual harassment matters, including:
- Securing a multi-million dollar settlement for an in-house attorney who was sexually harassed
- Securing a multi-million dollar settlement for a graduate student who was sexually harassed by a professor
- Securing a settlement worth multiple years of pay for a lawyer who was subjected to sexually suggestive remarks at her law firm
- Securing a favorable EEOC determination on behalf of a pharmaceutical employee who was sexually harassed by her supervisor
- Negotiating an exit package for an engineer who suffered sexual harassment based on her gender and sexual orientation and helping to prevent future harassment
- Representing an accounting professional who was sexually assaulted after her employer insisted she entertain a client after-hours even though she informed them he was a known harasser
- Negotiating a settlement for a law firm senior associate whose supervisor suggested her career would advance faster if she engaged with him sexually and who frequently commented on her body and physical appearance
- Assisting a law clerk in raising her harassment claims within the judiciary
To learn more about Sanford Heisler Sharp’s client-centered approach to sexual harassment matters, contact the firm’s Discrimination and Harassment Practice Group.