Washington, DC, Discrimination Attorneys
At Sanford Heisler Sharp we understand that racial discrimination is an unfortunate reality for many people in the workplace. We believe that all workers deserve to be treated with respect and dignity in the workplace regardless of their race, age, sex, gender or disabilities. That is why we proudly offer aggressive and relentless legal representation to help employees who have experienced discrimination at work speak up and take action.
Our premier legal team in Washington, DC, has secured lucrative victories in high-profile discrimination cases arising from intimidating, hostile, and offensive work environments. With our top-notch, award-winning lawyers guiding you through the legal process, you can feel confident standing up for your rights, no matter how challenging your discrimination case might be. Whether you work for a small business or a billion-dollar corporation, we’ll advocate for your best interests and remain available and attentive throughout your case.
Employment Discrimination Cases We Handle in DC
Sanford Heisler Sharp has achieved high-value case victories for clients of diverse backgrounds who experienced the following forms of employment discrimination:
- Pregnancy discrimination: It is illegal to treat an applicant or employee unfavorably because of their pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition. Under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, employers cannot use discriminatory practices when it comes to hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoffs, training, and employment benefits. If you have experienced pregnancy discrimination, please contact us to learn more about your rights.
- Race discrimination: If you have experienced prejudicial treatment based on your race, skin
color, national origin, hair texture, or facial features, then please consult with our highly respected attorneys to discuss the details of your case and what we can do to obtain a just resolution and fair compensation. Sanford Heisler Sharp obtained notable victories in race discrimination lawsuits against major corporations on behalf of restaurant servers, CEOs, and other various employees.
- Age discrimination: The Age Discrimination in Employment Act offers certain legal protections
for workers who are 40 years old or older. These protections extend to job applicants, current employees, and retired employees in some circumstances. We represent executives and other high-profile clients who have experienced various forms of age discrimination. Speak to us as soon as possible so we can explain all of your rights under the law.
- Gender discrimination: Discrimination against an employee because of their gender identity, transgender status, or sexual orientation can be considered sex discrimination under Title VII. If you have experienced frequent and severe harassment that creates a hostile or offensive work environment, then reach out to our lawyers so we walk you through your legal options.
- LGBTQ discrimination: Sanford Heisler Sharp takes on LGBTQ discrimination cases across Washington, DC We have successfully represented LGBTQ workers who were verbally or physically abused by co-workers and fired because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Religious discrimination: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits employers from discriminating
against employees because of their religious beliefs and practices. Employers are also required to make reasonable accommodations for an employee’s religious practice unless the accommodation would pose an “undue hardship” to the employer. Speak to us if your employer made offensive
remarks regarding your religious practices or treated you unfavorably because of your religious beliefs.
- Accent discrimination: Anti-discrimination laws like Title VII can apply to employees who have been discriminated against because of their birthplace, culture, and lineage. Accents are generally associated with national origin, which means employees who experience accent discrimination in the workplace can file a lawsuit.