Case Type: Wage and Hour
Company: Overland Solutions, Inc.
In March 2017, Sanford Heisler Sharp filed a class action complaint on behalf of Plaintiff Martin Fletscher and other California insurance inspectors who were classified by Overland Solutions, Inc. (“OSI”) as independent contractors.
Plaintiff Fletscher alleged that he and the other class members were misclassified as independent contractors, and that they were, in fact, employees and had been denied wages. Amongst other allegations, the lawsuit claimed that the insurance inspectors were not paid minimum wages for all hours worked and were not reimbursed for business expenses.
OSI vigorously denied the allegations; however, after extensive negotiations, the parties reached an agreement to settle the claims on behalf of the 270-person class. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, OSI will pay $2.4 million to settle the claims following final Court-approval of the settlement.
On April 15, 2019, the class settlement was granted final approval by Judge Stephen Kaus of the Superior Court of California, Alameda County. Settlement checks are expected to be mailed by the beginning of July 2019.
If you have questions about the case against OSI and/or the settlement, you can receive additional information by contacting Sanford Heisler Sharp at 415-795-2020 or OSIsettlement@sanfordheisler.com.
- Click here to read the Order of Final Approval and Judgment
- Click here to read the Class Notice
- Click here to read the Amended Settlement
- Click here to read the Second Amended Complaint
- Click here to read the Order granting preliminary approval of the class settlement
- August 8, 2018 - Sanford Heisler Sharp Announces $2.4 Million Settlement of Overland Solutions Class Action
- March 8, 2017 - Sanford Heisler Sharp Files Wage and Hour Class Action in California Superior Court Against Overland Solutions on Behalf of Insurance Inspectors
- Insurance Inspectors Strike $2.4M Deal To End Wage Suit
- Overland Solutions faces workers’ class suit
- Insurance support firm sued for misclassifying workers
- Sanford Heisler, LLP Files Wage And Hour Class Action In California Superior Court Against Overland Solutions On Behalf Of Insurance Inspectors
1350 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019