At Sanford Heisler Sharp in New York, we work hard to uphold our clients' labor rights and fight against all forms of employment discrimination in the workplace. Clients across New York turn to our firm because we have a stellar reputation for providing effective, results-driven legal representation at each phase of the legal process. In addition to our unique legal insight, we possess extensive, cutting-edge resources that we eagerly deploy to fight for our client’s basic human rights and freedoms.
The compassionate legal professionals at our New York law office understand that discrimination arising from hostile or offensive work environments can substantially impact a person’s job performance and mental health. That is why our top-tier attorneys proudly take on discrimination cases on behalf of clients who have suffered discrimination because of their race, age, disability, pregnancy, or other characteristics protected under the law.
Employment Discrimination Cases We Handle in New York
We are committed to fighting against the following forms of discrimination in workplaces across New York:
- Pregnancy Discrimination: We represent pregnant women experiencing discrimination and defend their rights under the FMLA and other laws that make discrimination based on current, past, or intended pregnancy illegal. Our firm has successfully represented clients in high-profile pregnancy discrimination cases against large pharmaceutical companies, accounting and public relations firms, and other notable entities.
- Race Discrimination: Employers cannot use discriminatory practices when it comes to hiring, firing, discipline, distributing benefits, promoting, compensation, job training, or any other condition of employment because of a person’s race. We have secured victories against major corporations on behalf of restaurant servers, CEOs, and other various employees seeking justice.
- Age Discrimination: No matter if you are starting your career or nearing the end of it, we know that being discriminated against because of your age can be stressful. We believe employees of all ages deserve to be treated fairly in the workplace, and we are prepared to fight for your rights under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Gender Discrimination: The largest gender discrimination verdict in U.S. history was secured by our skilled lawyers at Sanford Heisler Sharp. We also have obtained record-setting victories for women in both entry-level and C-suite roles. We are uniquely positioned to understand and support our clients through even the most challenging gender discrimination cases, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our legal team to discuss your situation.
- LGBTQ Discrimination: Our compassionate lawyers believe that you deserve to be protected from all forms of discrimination, no matter what your orientation or gender identity is. If you have been verbally or physically abused by co-workers or fired because of your sexual orientation or gender identity, then speak to us about what we can do to vigorously defend your rights.
- Religious Discrimination: Contact us today if you have been mistreated at work because of your deeply held religious beliefs. Religious discrimination is illegal under federal law, so if you have been fired, endured offensive remarks, or were denied leave for religious holidays, we can help you take action to hold your employer accountable.
- Accent Discrimination: Discrimination based on a person’s accent is more prevalent than most people realize. Although Title VII doesn’t explicitly outlaw accent discrimination, courts have recognized that accent-related discrimination can qualify as national origin discrimination. If you have been subjected to harassment, discipline, and undue scrutiny at work because of your accent, then speak to us today so we can assess the circumstances of your case.