Human Resources Coordinator
Sanford Heisler Sharp, a civil rights law firm with about 60 attorneys and over 40 staff and offices in the District of Columbia, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland, has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Coordinator. Sanford Heisler Sharp is strongly committed to EEO principles and values a diverse workplace. The team is a tight knit community including lawyers and legal assistants, all committed to using the law to help craft and enforce a more just society. We specialize in civil rights and general public interest cases, representing plaintiffs with gender discrimination, labor and wage violations, whistleblower, ERISA, financial fraud, consumer fraud, and many other claims. We have represented thousands of individuals in some of the most significant class action cases before the courts, secured landmark victories through trial and settlements. In addition, we have a number of cases currently before the federal district and appellate courts that raise novel issues of law.
Success in this role requires a high level of initiative, organization, close attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to discreetly handle confidential information on a regular basis. This is a full-time position under the general oversight of the Director of Human Resources and will preferably be located in either our Washington, D.C. or New York office.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for assisting in key functional areas of human resources to include onboarding, benefits, reporting, performance management, training, time and attendance.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide general support during the hiring process to include preparing HR communications such as offer letters and benefits information.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new hires including the completion of necessary HR documentation and conducting orientation programs. Coordinate with PEO provider to address benefits-related questions and assist with open enrollment as needed.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of the annual performance review process.
- Support the coordination and logistics associated with office training initiatives.
- Audit employment-related data and maintain recordkeeping in the firm’s document management system.
- Collaborate with the Director of Talent Acquisition and Development and Chief Operations Officer, as well as Legal Assistants assigned at each office, to coordinate HR support including scheduling, onboarding, and training as needed.
- Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries, concerns, and conflicts, and work to resolve issues effectively and professionally.
- Provide other routine administrative support to include but not limited to typing/data entry, filing, copying, proofing, researching, scheduling, maintaining, and auditing employee records.
- Prepare employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Perform other administrative duties as requested.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years of experience in Human Resources is required.
- Law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to ~6:30 p.m. (ET). Remote work is possible up to 2 days per week.
Annualized minimum salary $50,000- maximum $85,000.
This position is available now and is currently in a hybrid environment with regular in-person attendance required. Applicants seeking consideration should email a one-page cover letter and current resume to Erika Rigsby, Director of Talent Acquisition and Development, at [email protected]. Please include “Prospective Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
We are committed to EEO principles and value a diverse workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ, all genders, all ages, differently abled, and other minority applicants to apply.
Sanford Heisler Sharp welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please send your request to us by email at [email protected] or by mail to the following address:
ATTN: Khali Jones, Director of Human Resources
Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP
700 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Ste 300
Washington, D.C. 20003