Sanford Heisler Sharp is a boutique class-action litigation law firm with offices in New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, San Diego, Baltimore, and Nashville. The team is a tightly knit community of lawyers and legal assistants, all committed to using the law to help craft and enforce a more just society. We specialize in civil rights and general public interest cases, representing plaintiffs with employment discrimination, labor and wage violations, predatory lending, whistleblower, consumer fraud, and many other claims.
We have represented thousands of individuals in some of the most significant class-action cases before the courts, securing landmark victories through trial and settlements. In addition, we have a number of cases currently before the district and federal appellate courts that raise novel issues of law.
Success in this role requires a high level of initiative, organization, close attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to discreetly handle confidential information on a regular basis. This is a full-time position under the general oversight of the Senior Director of Human Resources and can be located in any of our six offices. Preferred start date May 23, 2022 or as soon as possible.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for assisting in key functional areas of human resources to include recruiting, onboarding, benefits, reporting, performance management, training, time and attendance etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Receives application materials; conducts a general review and forwards applications to applicable team members, maintains applicant files and provides general support during the selection process including coordinating interviews, preparing HR communications (offer and decline letters, requests for application materials).
- Drafts/updates job announcements, in conjunction with Sr. Director of HR, Managing Partners and Executive Committee. Posts job announcements in approved venues including coordinating with the social media and marketing team to post to website.
- Schedule and conduct new employee orientations.
- Coordinate with PEO provider/Insperity to address benefits related questions and assist with open enrollment as needed.
- Provides support for the annual performance review utilizing the online system, Trakstar.
- Supports the organization, coordination and logistics associated with office training initiatives and mentor program.
- Analyze and audit employment-related data, gather time and attendance records, and prepare required reports including for TimeStar and e-Billity systems.
- Works with legal assistants assigned at each office to coordinate HR support including scheduling, onboarding, and training as needed.
- Provides other routine administrative support to include but not limited to typing/data entry, filing, copying, proofing, researching, scheduling, maintaining, and auditing employee records.
- Prepare employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Coordinates HR-sponsored staff events.
- Performs other administrative duties as requested.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of experience in Human Resources
- Law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. (ET) to ~6:30 p.m. (ET).
Annualized minimum salary $50,000- maximum $85,000
Applications must include a cover letter, a résumé, and a list of three references. These documents should be sent in Word or PDF to email@example.com with “Prospective Human Resources Coordinator” in the email’s subject line. Please specify in your email the earliest date you are available to start.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Sanford Heisler Sharp has been a firm that has demonstrated flexibility and concern for the well-being of our employees and our communities. We were among the first law firms in the nation to publicly announce that we were moving to a remote work environment and to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for employees. The firm will continue to rely on the science to guide its decisions in 2022 and beyond.
Sanford Heisler Sharp employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including obtaining the COVID-19 boosters within the time frame recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you accept an offer from the firm and choose not to get vaccinated for religious, medical reasons, or other applicable legal requirements, you may seek a reasonable accommodation.
Sanford Heisler Sharp welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please send your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at address below: